MACHINE SHOP LEAD / SET-UP MACHINIST
MACHINE SHOP LEAD / ASSISTANT MANAGER
A growing eight person production machine shop in Chatsworth, CA is looking for a working shop lead with an eye toward the future that can be trained to assist in managing the shop once product experience and shop knowledge is gained.
The position will include oversight of the shop floor, including setting up jobs, engineering new production jobs, working with the programmer, inspector and shop manager to resolve daily production issues, and overseeing, assisting and training employees in set-ups, problem solving, and in-process inspection.
The position will evolve as experience is gained, with training in shop management and delegation of management duties taking place as the shop continues to increase in size and output. The ideal candidate will show the capability of developing the problem solving, engineering, organizational and communication skills necessary to step in as shop manager when the current manager steps down.
Immediate experience needed:
- Must have experience working in a production environment.
- Must have Haas / Fanuc Control experience.
- 4th & 5th Axis experience / Renishaw Probe knowledge a must.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications, work from shop process instructions and tool lists.
- Must have an understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) as our machined product is 99% machined from casting.
- Strong communication skills, must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language, Spanish speaking a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
Work hours: 6 a.m. – 2:30 p.m., Monday – Friday